JOIN INDIAN NAVY
Know more about Indian Navy
The Indian Navy, (Bhāratīya Nau Sēnā), is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
Indian Navy day observed all over the nation on 4th December.
- INS Zamorin at Ezimala, the naval academy, is the largest Naval Academy in the entire Asia.
- The first independent operation of Indian Navy was against the Navy of Portugal in 1961 during the liberation of Goa.
- Proudly, Indian Navy was the first to send a submariner to an expedition on Mount Everest and it has also completed an expedition at north and south poles.
- GSAT-7 satellite, built by ISRO, is used by the Indian Navy.
- Saagar Pawan is one of the two naval acrobatics teams in the world, belongs to Indian Navy.
- MARCOS, the special operation unit of Indian Navy, faces 90% dropout during training period.
- After 26/11 Mumbai blasts, Indian Navy raised Saagar Prahri Bal for surveillance on coastal areas.
- INS Viraat, the first Aircraft Carrier of India was the oldest aircraft carrier in the world.
- Vice Admiral Ram Dass Katari was the first to get up to the rank of Chief of Naval Staff in 1958.
-Indian navy had conducted operation in 3 other nations, out of which two were Maldives and Seychelles.
- Operation Talwar was the operation conducted by Indian Navy during Kargil war.
- Indian Navy is the chief user of Brahmos cruise missile (manufactured by India and Russia).
- India is expected to have its first endogenously manufactured aircraft carrier INS Vikrant in 2018.
- First super carrier INS Vishal by 2025.
- Barak-8 Missile, which was built by Israel and Indian, will be used by Indian Naval Ships.
About Indian Navy Course
Know more about Indian Navy Recruitment & their Posts
Paramvir Defence Academy Providing best platform with all facilities to those Students who are doing INDIAN NAVY preparation. like coaching, physical training, phase-II preparation, medical test & online test in lab etc. We have two courses for you regarding Indian Airforce preparation. Come and join special batch for sure selection in defence. You have big opportunity to Join Indian Navy after 10+2.
Selection Process Of Indian Navy
Know more about selection process of Indian Navy
Unmarried Male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan candidates can apply only.
- AA: Candidates must have passed 10+2/equivalent with subjects Mathematics and Physics and must have score 60% marks in aggregate.
- SSR: Candidates must have passed 10+2/equivalent with subjects Mathematics and Physics.
Candidate should have age between 16.5 to 19.5 years. Unmarried Male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan
- Minimum height of 157 cm
- Proportionate weight
- Minimum chest expansion of 5 cm
- Good mental & physical health
- No cardio vascular disease
- No surgical deformities like Knock-Knees, Flat-foot etc.,
- No history of fits or psychiatric ailments Varicose-vein etc
- No ear infection. Advised to get ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth before appearing for the written test, PFT & medical examination
- Must pass the CPII color perception standard and Eyes Visual standards and meet the following standards:
- Without Glasses, better eye: 6/12 & worst eye: 6/12.
- With glasses - better eye: 6/9 & worst eye: 6/12
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
Selection is Totally based upon final merit list after you passed you medical test. this list can be download from Indian navy official website.
Training Period For AA:
- Training - 9 weeks of basic training at INS Chilka, followed by 8 weeks of sea training
- 4 years of technical training at an Indian Navy establishment that leads to an educational qualification equivalent to diploma in electrical/ mechanical/ aeronautical engineering (recognized by Indian govt for employment purposes.)
- No. of years of service - Initial service of 20 years, which can be extended till sailor is 57 years old (subject to rank attained & satisfactory performance.)
Training Period For SSR:
Training - 24 weeks of basic training at INS Chilka followed by 24 weeks of professional training in the allotted trade at any naval establishment
What is the eligibility requirements for applying for SSR in Indian Navy?
Ans. If you wish to apply for the post of SSR in Indian Navy, then you should have cleared your physics and Maths apart from clearing one of these subjects: Computer Science/ Biology/ Chemistry from a recognised education board.
Can a person with Arts/Commerce in Class 12 apply for Indian Navy SSR?
Ans. A person can apply for Indian Navy SSR only if he has cleared Physics and Maths along with Chemistry /Biology/ Computer Science as one of the subjects. So, a person with Arts/ Commerce in Class 12 can’t apply for this post.
What all documents are required while applying for Indian Navy SSR ?
Ans. The required documents are:
- -Application Form filled properly in capital letters.
- -Class X marksheet
- -Class XII marksheet
- -Domicile Certificate
- -Two self attested envelope of size 22X20 cm