Indian Navy AA & SSR
Learn more about Indian Navy AA & SSr
Students (male only) who passed their 10+2 from Non- Medical side with min. 50% marks in overall and 50% marks in each subject, they are eligible for Navy AA & SSR trade.
Unmarried Male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan candidates can apply only.
- AA: Candidates must have passed 10+2/equivalent with subjects Mathematics and Physics and must have score 60% marks in aggregate.
- SSR: Candidates must have passed 10+2/equivalent with subjects Mathematics and Physics.
Candidate should have age between 16.5 to 19.5 years. Unmarried Male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan
- Minimum height of 157 cm
- Proportionate weight
- Minimum chest expansion of 5 cm
- Good mental & physical health
- No cardio vascular disease
- No surgical deformities like Knock-Knees, Flat-foot etc.,
- No history of fits or psychiatric ailments Varicose-vein etc
- No ear infection. Advised to get ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth before appearing for the written test, PFT & medical examination
- Must pass the CPII color perception standard and Eyes Visual standards and meet the following standards:
- Without Glasses, better eye: 6/12 & worst eye: 6/12.
- With glasses - better eye: 6/9 & worst eye: 6/12
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi/English) and objective type
- Question Paper will comprise of four sections English, Science, Mathematics & General Knowledge
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the exam is available on website www.joinindianavy.gov.in
- Duration of question paper will be of one hour
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate
Indian Navy SSR/AA Exam Pattern:-
One common examination will be conducted for AA and SSR entries-
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- Questions paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 Syllabus
- The duration of the examination will be for one hour.
- There is 0.25 negative marking for every wrong answer.
The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push – ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka.
|With Glasses||Without Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Selection is Totally based upon final merit list after you passed you medical test. this list can be download from Indian navy official website.
Training Period For AA:
- Training - 9 weeks of basic training at INS Chilka, followed by 8 weeks of sea training
- 4 years of technical training at an Indian Navy establishment that leads to an educational qualification equivalent to diploma in electrical/ mechanical/ aeronautical engineering (recognized by Indian govt for employment purposes.)
- No. of years of service - Initial service of 20 years, which can be extended till sailor is 57 years old (subject to rank attained & satisfactory performance.)
Training Period For SSR:
Training - 24 weeks of basic training at INS Chilka followed by 24 weeks of professional training in the allotted trade at any naval establishment
What is the eligibility requirements for applying for SSR in Indian Navy?
Ans. If you wish to apply for the post of SSR in Indian Navy, then you should have cleared your physics and Maths apart from clearing one of these subjects: Computer Science/ Biology/ Chemistry from a recognised education board.
Can a person with Arts/Commerce in Class 12 apply for Indian Navy SSR?
Ans. A person can apply for Indian Navy SSR only if he has cleared Physics and Maths along with Chemistry /Biology/ Computer Science as one of the subjects. So, a person with Arts/ Commerce in Class 12 can’t apply for this post.
What all documents are required while applying for Indian Navy SSR ?
Ans. The required documents are:
- -Application Form filled properly in capital letters.
- -Class X marksheet
- -Class XII marksheet
- -Domicile Certificate
- -Two self attested envelope of size 22X20 cm